This past year has been dedicated principally to leading tours of Cuba and Costa Rica on behalf of National Geographic Expeditions and MotoDiscovery, which has left relatively little time for magazine articles and other projects.
Still, I’m burning the midnight oil meeting several book and magazine deadlines. Here’s what’s new and in the works…
- I just delivered “Ten top motorcycle rides & tours worldwide” for CNN Travel. Watch for a blog update when it is published.
- Adventure Motorcycling magazine (see image below) is slated to publish my feature story and photographs on leading the first-ever group motorcycle tours of Cuba for U.S. citizens, to appear in the September 2013 edition
- The ninth edition of my best-selling Moon Handbooks Costa Rica is in final editing stage and will be released by Avalon Travel Publishing in October
- I just delivered a story for Practical Classics magazine about the restoration of Ernest Hemingway’s long-lost and recently rediscovered 1955 Chrysler New Yorker convertible in Cuba
- An updated edition of my National Geographic Traveler Costa Rica will be released any day now. I was assigned to photograph the country tip to toe for an all-new photo layout throughout the book, as well as updating my original text.
Here’s what I’m working on now…
- Updating my Moon Handbooks Cuba—sixth edition!
- Updating the hotel and restaurant listings for Eyewitness Travel Costa Rica
- Article on my group motorcycle tour experience in Cuba for BMW Motorcycle magazine
- Updating Costa Rica hotels for Luxury Latin America
And I’m preparing for another shoot in Havana with acting and singing legend David Soul (most famously Hutch, of ‘Starsky & Hutch’ fame) for our cinematic documentary, Cuban Soul, this coming October.